Jul 14, 2020
In this week's episode, we chat about money, money, and money. Listen as we talk about how we discuss our individual relationships with money and worth now as a healer, and question how we are getting compensated for our gifts.
Dive in as we discuss how childhood experiences, culture, and privilege shape your money story, how to use money as an exchange of energy, and how to shift your mindset from scarcity to abundance.
So where are those six-figure clinical jobs? They exist but you may need to create your own job and lane. Thank you, Frantzces, for the book reference. Let us all check out You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by @jensincero.
Key takeaways from this episode include:
1. Please save your money and also learn to have fun with money. Create a “fun bucket” to enjoy life now without feeling guilty about spending money on ourselves. You work hard so you should play hard.
2. When you think your our own experiences and experiences of your clients, please consider the impact of culture, privilege, and access. Poverty is a result of systemic racism, inequity, and lack of access to resources and opportunities. Encourage clients to discuss their money stories and assist them with gaining access to opportunities to shift their financial status.
3. Shift towards adopting an abundance mindset and living your best life. Take small steps and do not be afraid to charge what you are worth. So yes, go ahead and raise your rates if you deserve it and have abundance goals.
4. Think about the lifestyle you want to live and explore how you can create the work around it. If travel brings you joy, then plan how you can work remotely from anywhere around the world. If owning property and building generational wealth are priorities, then plan how you can live beneath you means for now so that you can “make it rain” later in life.
5. How are you maintaining your values and morals while collecting checks? Are you spending more time with clients that are higher on the sliding fee scale and less time for others that really need the support and access to services? Discover your money philosophy. Find a balance between charging a fair price and how much you are worth.
6. Passive income! Please write that book, create that course, take on some private clients, etc. There are so many ways to make money in this field. Go and get your money. Right. Now.
For questions and share outs and further discussion please contact us at email@example.com.
Until next time, remember to live, laugh, love, and keep it real.
-Frantzces, Sabeen and Tonika :)
Click here to leave us a rating on iTunes.
Follow us on Instagram.