Jul 1, 2020
In this week's episode, we tackle the very issue of dealing with imposter syndrome.
Listen as we talk about how negative self-talk and psychological patterns affect our self-esteem and self-image and can prevent us from stepping into our purpose and thriving.
Dive in as we discuss real experiences and strategies of how to deal with imposter syndrome head-on. Thank you, Frantzces, for the referral to business executive Seth Godin’s ideas on imposter syndrome. And shout outs to entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk.
Key takeaways from this episode include:
1. Create a brag book. Write down your brags and wins for the day and celebrate your gifts and talents. It is a growth mindset game changer.
4. Please seek out “borrowed belief”. Whom do you know that you can borrow their belief in you? Do not be afraid to lean on borrowed belief to start your process. It may be enough to get started and moving forward.
6. This is not about you. It’s about what your contribution is to this world and being proud of that contribution. There are people that need it and need you.
7. Imposter syndrome is a part of life. Ask yourself: What kind of relationship can I build with myself to prepare to deal with imposter syndrome when it creeps up? Take a breathe and acknowledge what is creeping in. Learn to get comfortable with uncertainties around risk-taking, and how you approach it.
8. We are all imposters so just go out there and do it!
For questions and share outs and further discussion please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time, remember to live, laugh, love, and keep it real.
-Frantzces, Sabeen and Tonika :)
Click here to leave us a rating on iTunes.
Follow us on Instagram.