Dec 15, 2020
In this week's episode, we discuss attachment styles and our own experiences with reflecting on childhood and adult attachment styles.
Listen as we talk about how attachment styles show up in various parts of our lives, how therapy can help you become aware of your own attachment style, and how attachment styles can change throughout your lifetime. Dive in as we discuss how painful it was for the three of us to have this conversation, the importance of creating a life outside of an intimate relationship and being able to be brave enough to...wait for it...do the work.
Tonika’s rescue cat is a little less anxious and a bit more secure now.
Key takeaways from this episode:
1. Ask yourself: How do I strengthen the relationship with myself first so that I can strengthen my relationships with others? You must engage in constant reflection and ask for help.
2. Attachment styles can show up in certain areas of your life and/or in your most intimate relationships. It is possible to disrupt insecure attachment patterns in your life and move on to secure relationships.
3. Listen to us, three wise old women, when we tell you that anxious-avoidant relationships are toxic and unhealthy. The work is learning how to leave. Run. Away. At. Full. Speed.
4. Be a human, not a robot. We must help children make sense of attachment style and learn healthy ways of bonding with adults. Let us use formal training and also give children the nurturance that they deserve and need. Be that one person that shows up for a child.
5. We can’t even begin to talk about the correlation between attachment and co-dependency. We attempted to talk about it but...chile...
For questions and share outs and further discussion please
contact us at email@example.com.
Until next time, remember to live, laugh, love, and keep it real.
-Frantzces, Sabeen and Tonika :)
Click here to leave us a rating on iTunes.
Follow us on Instagram.