Oct 27, 2020
In this week's episode, we discuss self- sabotage and why we have a hard time accepting joy in our lives. Listen as we talk about the correlation between joy and vulnerability and how we have been accustomed to chaos or drama.
Dive in as we discuss how culture and childhood experiences influence you. Watch out for your use of sarcasm because it can scare people away! Omg, we did not suggest a book, podcast, or anything else during this episode. No. Wait. We dropped our fellow social work sista Dr. Brené Brown @brenebrown and her groundbreaking work on vulnerability!!!!
Key takeaways from this episode:
1. Try on the act of accepting compliments. Yes, it is an action and behavior to engage in in order to be able to hear healthy and positive feedback about yourself.
2. How can I lean into joy and accept it in small doses? Look for the everyday joys and let them permeate your life in a healthy and happy way.
3. Learn to appreciate and to express gratitude for what is going well in the moment.
4. Sit with the idea that to accept joy is also to be rooted in self- esteem and your sense of worthiness.
5. Look at how culture and your childhood experience shapes your ability to embrace joy and happiness.
For questions and share outs and further discussion please
contact us at email@example.com.
Until next time, remember to live, laugh, love, and keep it real.
-Frantzces, Sabeen and Tonika :)