May 4, 2021
In this week's episode, we discuss our reactions to the live television airing of the David Chauvin verdict. Yes, friends. We literally were recording during the live verdict.
Listen as we chat about how the verdict is representative of accountability and not justice, and how we hold on to hope while trying to find inner peace for ourselves.
Dive in as we end up asking ourselves a lot more reflective questions rather than providing any answers or solutions.
In true TAPT fashion, our conversation is unscripted and unfiltered. Where are the action steps? Let’s have a strategic meeting and figure this out and move forward!
Rest in Paradise Mr. George Floyd.
Key takeaways from this episode:
1. We have chaos because we have a bunch of unhealed people in this world. Let’s help heal others one conversation at a time. The therapeutic work that we do is important and has its place in the process of healing the world.
2. We have not found safety in our own bodies and our own souls. We often carry around rage and aggression and do not understand how those strong feelings affect our bodies.
3. Are we booboo the fool and getting played, thinking that change is gonna come? Will racism ever be eradicated?
4. What happens if all people of color and marginalized groups up and leave America and become ex-Patriots. The country would collapse. Period.
5. I bet you have a newfound appreciation for that Sociology 101 course that you thought was such an easy class. Smh.
For questions and share outs and further discussion please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time, remember to live, laugh, love, and keep it
-Frantzces, Sabeen and Tonika :)