Jun 22, 2021
In this week, we discuss procrastination after watching a Ted Talk by Tim Urban. Some person, Frantzces found on the world wide web. He shared some insights about his longstanding song and dance with procrastination. We may at times find it humorous when we procrastinate on things, but sometimes it could be a deeper issue.
What is truly delaying the things that you know you must do or even would like to do? We also wondered if there was a "cure" for procrastination. Is this ingrained, or can you actually learn to procrastinate less? Nonetheless, there are levels to this game of procrastination that we play.
Head over to Tim Urban's Ted Talk: Inside The Mind Of A Master Procrastinator.
Key takeaways from this episode:
1. Procrastination, especially when there are no deadlines.
2. There are levels of procrastination: more minor insignificant things to larger, more impactful things.
3. Is anxiety connected to procrastination?
4. How to prioritize that exhaustive to-do list and reduce the list.
5. Focus on what will move you in the right direction.
6. Outsource some tasks and create a budget that allows you to do that.
7. There might be underlying imposter syndrome, fear, learned avoidance: allow yourself to dig deeper to get to the root of the issue
8. Teach yourself how to eliminate distractions.
Learn more about watching TED Talks on all of your favorite platforms.
For questions and share outs and further discussion please contact us at email@example.com.
Until next time, remember to live, laugh, love, and keep it
-Frantzces, Sabeen and Tonika :)
Click here to leave us a rating on iTunes.
Follow us on Instagram.